AGE APPROPRIATE WARNING

*ADULT SUPERVISION & PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT ARE REQUIRED WHEN UTILIZING THE TOOLS, PRODUCTS & TECHNIQUES DESCRIBED HERE ON OUR BLOG TO CREATE STAR WARS CUSTOMS.

Friday, March 4, 2022

"AZI-345211896246498721347" by Elias

This articulated action figure of AZI was made from a combination of two different kits we purchased from sellers we found on the internet. The SKYLU 3D Design body that we utilized we purchased from Outer Rim Traders. It provided us with swivel shoulders and wrists as well as hinge elbows. The head we got from a kit we bought from Scoundrels Stock. After assembling the body and making a few special modifications myself to be sure the head was properly affixed to the body, I painted him up including all his fine details. Lastly, I placed the painted figure on a clear stand that I designed on my laptop and then printed on my 3D printer to make the figure float up off the ground. I'm happy to say he balanced well once I inserted the clear resin stand into the figure. I can call this figure completed. The only change I would make is not post-curing the resin stand under the UV light. It seemed to add a yellow tinge to the clear resin. I will skip that step next time I print with that resin.

AZI-345211896246498721347 was a medical droid who served the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. He was known as AZI-3 by the ARC trooper "Fives," who felt that numbers were demeaning, and simply as AZ by Omega. In 19 BBY, AZI-3 struck an unlikely friendship with Fives as the two worked together to investigate a supposed "tumor" that had caused Fives' fellow soldier Tup to assassinate the Jedi General Tiplar. During the course of their investigation, the two discovered that all clone troopers had been implanted with inhibitor chips for an unknown purpose, which subsequently turned out to be Darth Sidious's planned Great Jedi Purge. Some time later, he had a friendly relationship with Omega, and after the destruction of Tipoca City by the Empire, he later escaped the carnage with his friend Omega and the Bad Batch.



"AZI-345211896246498721347"
by Elias















SKILL LEVEL: BEGINNER