AGE APPROPRIATE WARNING

*ADULT SUPERVISION & PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT ARE REQUIRED WHEN UTILIZING THE TOOLS, PRODUCTS & TECHNIQUES DESCRIBED HERE ON OUR BLOG TO CREATE STAR WARS CUSTOMS.

Saturday, September 21, 2024

"THE BAD BATCH" ECHO in DROID DISGUISE created by Elias

I made this version of this character back in 2021, and at customs for the kid I prefer not to tread the same ground twice, but work is work!  

The base for this figure was a Clone Wars Commander Ponds.  I used a Dremel to subtract from the shoulder pads, Breastplate, and Dorsal plate in preparation for the sculpting that was needed.  I also cut the left arm below the elbow, where I then attached the slicing plugin sculpted by Aude's Workshop.  The head was also sculpted by Aude's Workshop, but I modified it so the visor could lift, revealing Echo's face inside.  I sculpted using Green Stuff, but the arms and legs I was able to leave mostly unchanged.  

Just like the first time, color picking for this figure was a challenge. His pallet is made up of many different shades of grey, and it's important for each color to be distinct from the others.  With a careful eye and thoughtful paint mixing, this figure really came to life!

Doing Echo again for this commission has given me an interesting look into my own development as an artist over the years, and I'm very happy with how this came out!  If I have to make him again in the future, I'm curious as to how my skills will improve.



"STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH"
ECHO in DROID DISGUISE
created by Elias