AGE APPROPRIATE WARNING

*ADULT SUPERVISION & PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT ARE REQUIRED WHEN UTILIZING THE TOOLS, PRODUCTS & TECHNIQUES DESCRIBED HERE ON OUR BLOG TO CREATE STAR WARS CUSTOMS.

Saturday, August 6, 2016

CLONE WARS "DARTH SIDIOUS" created by Darth Daddy

This is a custom Clone Wars action figure that was inspired by TheRealMarch4th.  A few months ago I sent him a Clone Wars headcast of Palpatine that I produced and we were really floored by how he decided to use it.  He took the Darth Sidious from the Yoda 2-pack, replaced the face of the figure  with my headcast and then sculpted the hood down over the eyes.  He then took a soft goods skirt to cover those ugly Hasbro legs to finish the figure.  What an awesome idea!

On my custom figure I took what TheRealMarch4th did one step further. I borrowed elements from his recipe, and just added more articulation to the figure.  I cut everything off below his black frock (the legs and forearms) and added in articulated replacement parts. I borrowed the legs and upper torso from a Clone Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi that I bought in bulk on eBay, and swiped the forearms and brown skirt of the Vintage Darth Sidious figure for my new incarnation of Sidious. By adding these new elements, the figure now would sport ball jointed elbows, swivel wrists, a swivel waist, swivel hips, and ball jointed knees. Before completely assembling the figure, I dyed the skirt from the Vintage figure and used some black soft goods from a Darth Maul figure to create the two layers of fabric in his skirt. Yesterday, I told TheRealMarch4th about the improvements that I made to my Sidious, and he liked them so much he made the same adjustments to his own figure after we spoke.

Any Star Wars fan who watched The Clone Wars episode "Lawless" knows that this version of Darth Sidious needed to be made!


CLONE WARS 
"DARTH SIDIOUS" 
created by Darth Daddy




















 SKILL LEVEL: ADVANCED



Inspired by "Darth Sidious" created by TheRealMarch4th



Base figure used for Darth Sidious.