AGE APPROPRIATE WARNING

*ADULT SUPERVISION & PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT ARE REQUIRED WHEN UTILIZING THE TOOLS, PRODUCTS & TECHNIQUES DESCRIBED HERE ON OUR BLOG TO CREATE STAR WARS CUSTOMS.

Monday, December 5, 2022

"THE CLONE WARS" 501st JUMP TROOPER by Elias of "Customs for the Kid"

While you can find the 501st Jump Trooper in The Clone Wars action figure line, it was a very hard to acquire item due to it not being commercially available for purchase in the United States. Toward the end of the line, Hasbro again started to restrict the articulation of their animated figures which was a bit of a disappointment after the quality of the figures started to have an impressive amount of joint options when the line was in its prime. I recently had a customer seeking a 501st Jump Trooper but with full articulation and a removable helmet.  I had some creative freedom with the Trooper's face, so I took inspiration from Chopper in Season 1 of the Clone Wars, but I wanted his scarring to be much more severe.  

The parts I used for this figure were a super articulated Phase I Clone Trooper, a cast of an Aayla Secura jetpack, and a hollowed out Phase II Clone Trooper helmet.  I re-sculpted the body to match the Phase II armor, and completely repainted it.  I started with a black primer over the whole figure, then dry brushed white over every armor plate.  This makes the forms of the sculpt pop more, as well as give the figure's armor a run down weathered appearance.  I wet brushed white paint over most surfaces as well to clean things up, but made sure the dry brush effect still shined through.  I then hand painted all the blue and red markings onto the armor and jetpack.  The face was made with a regular bald clone trooper head.  The scars were only done with paint to save time, but I'm still very happy with the final product!


"THE CLONE WARS"
501st Jump Trooper
created by Elias










SKILL LEVEL: ADVANCED