AGE APPROPRIATE WARNING

*ADULT SUPERVISION & PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT ARE REQUIRED WHEN UTILIZING THE TOOLS, PRODUCTS & TECHNIQUES DESCRIBED HERE ON OUR BLOG TO CREATE STAR WARS CUSTOMS.

Friday, December 3, 2021

"YOUNGLING" HEAD BUNDLE - NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FROM REBEL KID CREATIONS STORE!

For many months now, only the male younglings were available to sell, but as of today, the girls are included in the youngling headcast bundle as well!  Due to Katooni and Ganodi’s thin tendril forms, molding them without breaking them was a huge obstacle, but thanks to CAD modeling and 3D printing technology, they were obstacles easy to overcome.  I completely re-sculpted Katooni and Ganodi in Blender for a better likeness to the character and then printed the heads in Siraya Tech’s Tenacious 3D printing resin.  Tenacious resin allowed me to remove the heads from the mold without breaking them as it has a rubbery consistency when cured, much like any other Hasbro figure.  To ensure the durability of Katooni and Ganodi casts, they are made in a semi-rigid resin which is extremely durable and able to survive shipping, or accidents that could occur at home.

As for my own collection, I’m so happy to have the complete set of younglings on my shelf.  I wasn’t always satisfied with my Katooni or Ganodi head sculpts, and it’s such a relief to be able to finally lay these projects to rest.  Even more satisfying, I get to share my sculpts with all the fans through the Rebel Kid Creations Store!











CLICK LOGO TO PURCHASE