AGE APPROPRIATE WARNING

*ADULT SUPERVISION & PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT ARE REQUIRED WHEN UTILIZING THE TOOLS, PRODUCTS & TECHNIQUES DESCRIBED HERE ON OUR BLOG TO CREATE STAR WARS CUSTOMS.

Friday, June 2, 2023

"REVENGE OF THE SITH" AAYLA SECURA painted by Elias

Hasbro has released several versions of Aayla Secura over the years, but I feel they still have yet to create a definitive one.  With a fresh coat of paint on the 2012 Vintage Collection Aayla Secura figure, I was finally able to capture her likeness. This was a super simple personal project I squeezed in between my commissions, but it was well worth the effort!  With all the super ambitious projects I’ve been doing for clients lately, it was nice to make a simpler figure.

I started by completely covering her skin in a coat of navy blue.  I dry brushed a rich teal over that, and then hand painted layers of highlights over that.  I chose to highlight her with shades of yellow to contrast the blue and really make it pop. For her clothing, I completely painted everything dark brown, and then hand painted the highlights and details to bring the textures to life.

My favorite thing about this project is that with enough patience, a good brush, and the right paints, this is something anyone can do.



"REVENGE OF THE SITH"
AAYLA SECURA
painted by Elias